The People Who Lift Me Up

Nov 22, 2009

A Fur Only a Mother Could Love???


What can say, I "tipped" again and ordered a fur fabric without first ordering a swatch. The world viewed through a monitor screen can indeed be a misleading place at times, to say the least. What I thought would be a true pretty avocado green turned out to be more of a mucky mud puddle green with a hint of brown. Ofcourse this is no fault of the company as they strongly suggested ordering swatches before placing a full order, so hats off to them and a big TSK for me!



I so do recommend Mendels Far Out Fabrics to any doll/bear maker or crafter! http://www.mendels.com/fur2.shtml ( I do not get any dibs for recommending them)


This company is fantastic for high quality fur in all styles! They are pronto on the shipping as well, and their customer service rocks! I have called countless times asking for nap lengths and each time they have taken the time to find out for me. Check them out if you get the chance!


All this being said, I am person who refuses to look on the down side of things so I am determined to create something whimsical only a mother could love out of a fabric "only a mother could love"....so stayed tuned! I have a wonderful idea!

Xoxoxxx Ree

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with Ree!!!! huggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now REE I remain optimistic that you will come up with more than what a mother could love lol...
    I just don't know...I just don't know..lol

    blessings madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla and Madame Samm, I too am hoping to pull this off. If you were able to see this fur in person you would understand the huge task infront of me. I worked all day yesterday and had a few flops but I did make progress. Today I am resting a bit as I am a tad under the weather so perhaps tomorrow I will start the fur battle anew LOL.

    Xoxoxxx Ree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ree,
    I'm sure you could come up with some creature from the black lagoon! LOL!!! There are loads of people out there that like fantasy and you have such a terrific imagination. I am sure you will come up with something wild!!!
    Warmest hugs,
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ree I am sure what ever you do will be beautiful.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi!
    Boy you are good! You almost hit the nail on the head but that is all I am saying lol. I have certain "parts" finished but still have a bit to go. Thank you for peeking and sharing in my fun!

    Hi Trish!
    Thank you so very much!!!

    Xoxoxxx Ree

    ReplyDelete

Yay! A tea party with friends! Let's sit down, sip, and share!